Thursday, January 24, 2008

54) Visit the Tallest Building

Sooo, after research, I learned that there is a controversy over the world tallest building. After looking into it, I decided that I would shoot for the tallest structure. In this case, The CN Tower in Toronto. This structure is officially an antenna. But, with the world’s highest observation deck, I figure this knocks off another “thing to do.” The day I went was cloudy. However, as I was only there for a day, I had no choice.


As you can see, being at the base, you have no idea the actual height of the tower. The first step is riding in the glass elevator for 58 seconds to the observation deck, which is I think around 110 stories off the deck.

I immediately hopped another elevator to the Sky Pod, taking me to the world’s highest observation deck. Silly Canadians - Storeys?


Here’s the view.


After walking around, looking at the neat, neat clouds, I headed back to the observation deck.


Here is a picture of a grown man crawling on the glass floor. It’s actually like 5 inches thick and would hold 5 hippo’s (seriously), but it’s still enough to bring a grown man to his knees (as I recall, he was German). It is actually weird standing looking through the glass and seeing the tower “falling” towards earth, encompassed in clouds. Weird.
Anyhoo, pretty cool…Only about 600 things to do.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Cool pictures! I don't know if you could get me up there!